Water Heating System Design 101
This educational presentation provides an introduction to the design of domestic hot water systems with a comprehensive focus on water heaters and related components. The presentation will review the various types of water heater systems, the adjacent components and accessories, and how the system flows and fits together. The primary considerations for applications and sizing will also be discussed with examples. Participants will learn how best to evaluate an application and choose the proper water heating system based on the specific parameters of a project.
- Types of Water Heating Systems Overview – 25 minutes
- Water Heating Components and Accessories Overview – 10 minutes
- Application Parameters Affecting Domestic Hot Water System Design – 10 minutes
- Hands-On Sizing Examples – 15 minutes
Upon successful completion of the course learners will be able to:
- Identify the various types of DHW systems
- Explain the pros and cons of each type of DHW system
- Describe the common components and accessories in a DHW system and their utility
- Explain the factors involved when determining the right type of water heater for an application
- Understand the relevant factors for sizing a DHW system and be able to apply them
This webinar is free for ASPE members due to the generous sponsorship of A.O. Smith.
Product Support Manager
Isaac has been working in water heating technology for nearly 4 years with A.O. Smith. He is currently the Product Support Manager and is responsible for all pre-sales technical support for both commercial and residential products, which includes the Application Engineering Team. He has taught numerous educational courses over his career and has extensive knowledge in both product/system design and application engineering. He received his bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Louisville in May, 2012.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|