Introduction to Steel, Stainless Steel, Iron Pipe and Fittings
This course was developed by ASA-U through their Education Foundation. Introduction to Pipe, Valves, and Fittings© provides training for new employees about the characteristics and uses of pipe products, fittings, and valves. The course includes definitions of common industry terms, descriptions of basic types of plumbing systems, and explanations of specifications for pipe, valves, and fittings. Watch a sample of the course here.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize and use basic terms related to steel pipe, stainless steel pipe, and iron pipe.
- Discuss the basic types and uses of steel, stainless steel, and iron fittings.
- Describe types of pipe by size, weight, and wall thickness.
- Interpret pipe schedules, pipe stamps, and stencils.
- Describe different types of steel, stainless steel, and iron pipe ends and fittings and how they are joined.
- Explain the uses and service applications of cast iron, malleable iron, and ductile iron.
This course runs 3 hours and awards 3 hours of professional development (0.3 CEUs)
Save! This product is part of the Introduction to Plumbing Products Bundle. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.