Introduction to Pipes, Valves, and Fittings
This course was developed by ASA-U through their Education Foundation. Introduction to Pipe, Valves, and Fittings© provides training for new employees about the characteristics and uses of pipe products, fittings, and valves. The course includes definitions of common industry terms, descriptions of basic types of plumbing systems, and explanations of specifications for pipe, valves, and fittings. Watch a sample of the course here.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize and use basic terms related to pipe, valves, and fittings.
- Discuss the materials used to manufacture common pipe, valves, and fittings.
- Differentiate between the two types of piping systems that make up a total plumbing system.
- Read basic pipe, valve, and fitting specifications.
- Describe common types of valves and fittings and how they are used.
- Explain the use of valves in typical household plumbing and water service applications.
This course runs 3 hours and awards 3 hours of professional development (0.3 CEUs)
Save! This product is part of the Introduction to Plumbing Products Bundle. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.