This course was developed by ASA-U through their Education Foundation. Fixtures and Faucets© is an online program divided into 8 modules. Each module includes definitions of common industry terms, descriptions of the major types of fixtures, and information on the supply and DWV fittings most commonly specified for the installation of these fixtures. Watch a sample of the course here.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the three major types of plumbing fixtures, including their similarities and differences
- Use common plumbing fixture terms
- Identify the common specifications necessary in reading manufacturers’ rough-ins and ordering the fixtures covered in this course
- Recognize the fixture designs that are best for a given installation or application
- Recognize and use basic terms related to whirlpool bathtubs, whirlpool spas, and other fixtures
- Discuss the ordering specifications, require support equipment, and construction method for each type of specialty fixture
- Recognize the similarities and differences of fixtures for residential and commercial installations
- Understand the importance of providing fixtures and accessories that comply with ADA guidelines
This course runs 2.75 hours and awards 2.75 hours of professional development (0.275 CEUs)
Save! This product is part of the Introduction to Plumbing Products Bundle. Email email@example.com with questions.