Automated Technology for Building Water Management - Improving Potable Water Distribution, Efficiency, and Safety Webinar
Recorded On: 10/22/2020
Historically, plumbing systems have been designed and operated without the ability to quickly and easily control or monitor their operation, thus making effective building water management time consuming and difficult. In this presentation, we review the impact of common building water issues, the principles of effective water management, and how automation technology can improve the user experience, save water and energy, and support fundamental legionella control measures.
- Introduction – 5 minutes
- Water Issues in your Building – 15-20 minutes
- Principles of Water Management – 5 minutes
- Emerging Automation Technology – 20-25 minutes
- Summary – 5 minutes
Upon successful completion of the course learners will be able to:
- List the two common building water issues impacting water safety and efficiency
- Explain key water management principles for minimizing risk associated with premise plumbing
- Identify emerging technology available to support effective building water management
- Describe how automation technology supports key water management objectives: user satisfaction, system optimization, and drinking water hygiene
This webinar is FREE for ASPE Members due to the generous sponsorship of GF Piping Systems.
The webinar is being held on October 22 at 1 pm CDT and awards 0.1 CEUs for participation. This webinar is sponsored by GF Piping Systems and they will receive the names and email addresses of registered attendees from the live broadcast.
ASPE Members - Free
Nonmembers - $130
Greg Swafford, CPD, GPD
Technical Sales Manager
Greg Swafford CPD, GPD is a former plumbing designer, project manager, and plumbing department leader at MEP consulting firms for nearly 20 years. As Technical Sales Manager for GF Piping Systems, Greg leads the technical sales team of Piping Systems Specialists. He is responsible for the growth and oversight of the US commercial water market segment through business development, product development, and the creation of technical resources as it relates to GF Piping Systems' commercial water products. In addition to his work with GF Piping Systems, he serves as Affiliate Liaison for Region 5 of the American Society of Plumbing Engineers and is a committee member of ASHRAE SPC 514 "Control Measures for Building Water Systems to Reduce Illness and Injury."
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|