Physical Water Conditioning - 122
This presentation explains the chemistry of hard water, why scale forms, and the problems it creates. It looks at the conventional method of treatment and the drawbacks, especially environmental, associated with it. The presentation goes on to explain the science behind physical water conditioners and classifies them into three generic types, explaining the limitations of each and the design criteria that is important in specifying them. We also look at the code requirements for treating hard water and the test protocols currently available. A number of case studies evaluating the cost savings and environmental benefits will be shown.
- Understand the Chemistry of Hard Water. 5 Minutes
- Appreciate the effect of Scale on Plumbing Systems and how it relates to Legionella Control. 4 Minutes
- Understand the Pros and Cons of conventional water softeners. 5 minutes
- Understand how various types of Physical Water Conditioners actually work. 15 minutes
- Understand how the location of Physical Water Conditioners can be very important to their performance. 5 minutes
- Have an appreciation of the cost benefits of the new technology over the older technology. 5 minutes
Jonny Seccombe is the Founder and Owner of Lifescience Products Ltd. in the UK since 1994 and since 2008 the President of its U.S. subsidiary, Aqua-Rex LLC. He has been instrumental in a number of breakthroughs in the understanding of how some physical water conditioners actually work and their limitations. He has been involved in the development of test protocols in the U.S. since 2007 and sponsored the first effective protocol by IAPMO, the IGC 335 Rapid Scaling Test. He has an MA from Oxford University and was for many years an FCA in the UK, equivalent to a CPA in the U.S. He lives in the UK and commutes on a monthly basis to the U.S. (except during lockdown!).
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|