Miami-Dade – the Future of FOG Control Webinar
Recorded On: 11/07/2019
This one-hour webinar, sponsored by IPEX, dives into the requirements and regulations of one of the most progressive, stringent and comprehensive FOG ordinances to date: Miami-Dade County’s FOG 2.0. In 2013, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued a consent decree under the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) to Miami-Dade County for violating part of the Clean Water Act. The result was the county committing to make improvements to the wastewater collection and treatment system totaling $1.6 billion over 15 years. As part of this overhaul, Miami-Dade County has published an entirely revamped FOG ordinance with unprecedented requirements for the quality and performance of grease interceptors, maintenance requirements, installation requirements and much more. This is the future of FOG control and this session will prepare attendees for what’s already here and what lies ahead.
- Participants will gain an understanding of the importance of the EPA’s actions in Miami-Dade County and the requirements of the Consent Decree.
- Participants will be taken through the process of overhauling a FOG ordinance and FOG program and the importance of re-examining these throughout the years.
- Participants will receive an in-depth explanation of the grease interceptor requirements under Miami-Dade County’s FOG 2.0. The different requirements for different interceptor types will be outlined and explained.
- Participants will learn how to best prepare themselves for designing in that market.
- Participants will gain an understanding of what other jurisdictions are doing in the wake of Miami-Dade’s progressive path and where the future of FOG control is heading.
Instructor: Faith Winter
Faith joined the Endura team immediately after graduating from the University of Toronto with her BSc degree in May 2016. Faith is a well-traveled, trusted advisor who consults with clients in the design community looking for quality information on Commercial Grease Management. However, her educational endeavor does not end with Engineers, Specifiers, and Architects, but extends out to Owners, Developers, City Officials and Contractors across North America. A firm believer in the power of education, Faith is constantly seeking to further her own knowledge of the industry and continues to gain experience that further enhances her teachings.
This webinar is sponsored by IPEX.
This webinar awards 0.1 CEUs or 1 contact hour of continuing education. This webinar is sponsored by IPEX. Live registered attendees' information will be shared with the sponsor.